Lil Wayne Suffers Another Seizure, Released From Hospital [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 1, 2013
Lil Wayne was hospitalized Tuesday after suffering a seizure.
Wayne, 30, was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles late Tuesday night by his bodyguards after a single seizure and released early Wednesday morning, TMZ reports. After being released, Weezy tweeted, “I’m fine. Thank u.”
Lil Tunechi spent a week at the hospital in March after suffering multiple seizures that threatened his life. Despite rumors that his seizures is because of syrup use, Weezy claims he’s epileptic.
In an interview with Power 106, Wayne revealed his condition and that he regularly suffers from seizures. He attributed the frequent occurrences to “plain stress, no rest, overworking.”
“I’m an epileptic, so I’m prone to seizures,” Wayne told Power 106. “I’ve had a bunch of seizures. Y’all just never hear about it. This time it got real bad because I got three of ’em in a row, and on the third one, my heart rate went down to, like, 30%. Basically, I could have died soon. That’s why it was so serious. The reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest and overworking myself.”
Lil Wayne is set to kick off the 2013 America’s Most Wanted Music Festival with T.I. and Future on July 9 in Birmingham, Alabama.
Photos via Gossip Extra
More from Rucuss
- Lil Wayne Remains in Intensive Care! [Details]
- Say What: Did Stevie J Kiss Lil’ Wayne on Stage? [Video]
- Lil Wayne Talks Seizures, Adrienne Bosh and Retiring on Jimmy Kimmel [Video]
- Lil Wayne Says He’s ‘More Than Good’ After Seizure Scare [Video]
- Lil Wayne’s Camp Denies Seizure Caused Concert Cancellation [Details]
- Lil Wayne Brings Christina Milian As His Date to the ESPYS [Details]