Lil Wayne Says He’s Signed a Deal With Jay Z [Details]
Rucuss staffJune 14, 2015
Lil Wayne had the hip hop world buzzing when he announced that he’d signed a deal with Jay Z.
During his performance at Saturday’s KMEL Summer Jam event, Weezy said he recently signed a deal with his “motherfucking idol” Jay Z. Wayne didn’t elaborate any further so many assumed it was a record deal. It sent fans into a frenzy on social media.
But as it turns out, the deal is not with Roc Nation but simply with Tidal, which is a music streaming company. According to TMZ, Wayne’s manager Cortez Bryant said Weezy’s remarks were directly referencing a Tidal deal.
This makes sense being that Wayne is in the middle of a nasty legal battle with Cash Money Records. He’s suing the company for $51 million. Wayne recently signed with Kobalt Neighbouring Rights in an effort to find assistance in the pursuit of global royalties owed following his ongoing split from Cash Money Records.
Watch Wayne announced the news below.
More from Rucuss
- Lil Wayne Receives the Key to the City of Lafayette [Details]
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Jay Z Goes On Tidal Rant, Gets Clowned For It [Details]
- Jay Z Makes Bid to Buy Prince’s Unreleased Music [Details]
- Kodak Black: ‘Lil Wayne Can Eat My Ass’ [Details]
- Jay Z Sues Former TIDAL Owners [Details]