Lil Wayne Rushed to Hospital After In-Flight Medical Scare [Details]
Rucuss staffOctober 26, 2012
Lil Wayne must cancel a few appearances after an in-flight medical scare forced him to land in Texas Thursday afternoon.
Weezy’s private jet landed in Houston after the pilot radioed in that the Young Money rapper was having a seizure, TMZ reports. Wayne, who spent a few hours at a hospital in Houston, is ‘doing better.’
“Lil Wayne was successfully released from the hospital after being treated for a severe migraine and dehydration,” Wayne’s rep told MTV News. “He is at home on doctor-mandated rest and will return to work soon. He appreciates all of his fans for their support and love.”
Wayne, who was released from the hospital at 6 p.m. local time on Thursday, must cancel a Saturday appearance at the Jefferson Mall in Louisville, Kentucky in support of his TrukFit clothing line. He will reschedule the appearance at a later date.
Weezy talk about his health issues with Chelsea Handler earlier this year.
“I had a seizure,” Weezy said. “Basically too much weed. I wake up, I party too much, I drink too much at the parties. Then I would wake up in the morning and drink the warm leftover champagne and it took a toll on my kidney. Well really I was just extremely exhausted so I had to change up a few things. I’m trying, I’m not all the way there yet but I’m trying.”
More from Rucuss
- Lil Wayne Seizure Forces Emergency Plane Landing [Details]
- Lil Wayne Says He’s ‘More Than Good’ After Seizure Scare [Video]
- Lil Wayne’s Camp Denies Seizure Caused Concert Cancellation [Details]
- Lil Wayne Says He Could Have Died From Last Seizure, Blames Epilepsy! [Audio]
- Lil Wayne Talks Seizures, Adrienne Bosh and Retiring on Jimmy Kimmel [Video]
- Drake Kicks Off Houston Appreciation Weekend at Astros Game [Video]