Lil Wayne Reportedly To Sue Birdman For Release From Cash Money
Rucuss staffJanuary 25, 2015
Lil Wayne and Birdman can’t seem to work out their differences.
Now Weezy reportedly is planning to sue Cash Money after settlement talks failed. TMZ reports that the two tried to come to a resolution, but now Wayne will take Birdman to court to free him of Cash Money’s control.
Weezy believes Birdman has violated their contract by withholding the release of Tha Carter V. He claims Birdman owes him an $8 million advance for the album.
Birdman insists he will release the album “in due time,” but Weezy isn’t buying it. Until things are straight out, Wayne plans to record and release his music outside of Cash Money.
Weezy recently declared his independence from Birdman on a remix to O.T. Genasis’ CoCo off his mixtape Sorry 4 the Wait 2
“Cash Money is an army, I’m a one-man army / And if them n**as comin’ for me, I’m goin’ out like Tony / Now I don’t want no problems, I just want my money,” Wayne raps. “All I got is Young Money, no more Cash, ni**a.”
Photos via thisis50.com
More from Rucuss
- Lil Wayne Wants Off Cash Money Records, Tyga & Pusha T Respond
- Lil Wayne Wants To Take Drake and Nicki Minaj Off Cash Money [Details]
- Birdman Throws Drink on Lil Wayne at Nightclub [Details]
- Birdman Responds to Rick Ross’ ‘Idols Become Rivals’ Diss Song
- Lil Wayne Disses Cash Money at 420 Rally [Details]
- Lil Wayne’s Manager Addresses Cash Money Fallout: Everything Is Good