Lil Wayne Giving Up Rap for Skatboarding! [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 3, 2012
Lil Wayne is making a significant life change.
The New Orleans rapper has announced that he’s giving rap a rest in order to fully focus on his passion for skateboarding. Wayne, who turns 30 years old next month, already has clothing line, Trukfit, that caters to the skateboard culture. So news about his passion for skateboarding comes as no surprise.
Weezy told DJ Drama of Atlanta’s 107.9 of his decision on Wednesday.
“Being me, I always feel like I ain’t done nothing (sic) yet, so I’m always looking for the next thing to do. It does get pretty boring when it comes to just the rapping and all that type of stuff. I’ve been doing it since I was eight and I’m about to be 30 in September…”
“I picked up the skateboard and I thought it’d be a hobby and what happened is it’s a lifestyle. You have to be fully committed because it’s super scary. In order to be fully committed you have to live that lifestyle… It’s kind of putting rap on the back burner.”
“I think I deserve that. I think fans deserve a little-to-no Wayne. I’ve been everywhere. I’ve been out on everybody’s song. I’m still on everybody’s song. My artists have been doing awesome. I believe the fans deserve some peace from me. So I’ll be on my skateboard in the meantime.”
Despite the admission, Wayne still has a few projects in the works. His latest project, a mixtape titled Dedication 4, is due out on August 15. Wayne has nine studio albums to his credit.
More from Rucuss
- Birdman Responds to Rick Ross’ ‘Idols Become Rivals’ Diss Song
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Lil Wayne Set to Launch Skateboard Clothing Line “Trukfit”
- Janet Jackson Splits with Husband Wissam Al Mana [Details]
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’
- Remy Ma Drops Nicki Minaj Diss Track, Minaj Responds