Lil Wayne Admits to Drinking Sizzurp
Rucuss staffOctober 11, 2011
For many years, Lil Wayne has carried around a white styrofoam cup on stage, at interviews and in his personal life.
Now the rapper is ready to reveal what the cup contained. In a recent documentary, Weezy reveals he drank a codeine-based drink, which is called “Sizzurp” on the streets. He claims he needed it to deal with his celebrity.
According to TMZ:
Lil Wayne is finally admitting he had a substance abuse problem — claiming he would frequently pound a codeine-based drink called sizzurp because he was “sick.”
Wayne just spilled his guts in a new documentary-style video shot by one of his friends — saying he first started drinking the stuff when he was a kid because one of his idols, Pimp C, would often rap about it.
But Weezy claims he relied on sizzurp as he became more famous — saying he needed the drink to help him cope with the pressure of being a celebrity.
Wayne insisted he quit using the stuff last year — and in the video he explains he no longer needs it because, “I’m not sick anymore.”
As for Pimp C — he died from an accidental sizzurp overdose in 2007.
Check out the video.
More from Rucuss
- Birdman Responds to Rick Ross’ ‘Idols Become Rivals’ Diss Song
- Lil Wayne Talks About Retirement, Vows to Never Work with Birdman Again [Video]
- Kodak Black: ‘Lil Wayne Can Eat My Ass’ [Details]
- Lil Wayne Remains in Intensive Care! [Details]
- Terrell Owens Rushed to Hospital, Cops Called Last Thursday
- Toya Wright on Christina Milian Dating Lil Wayne: ‘That’s A Hot Mess’ [Video]