Lil Boosie Released From Prison [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 6, 2014
Lil Boosie is no longer a jail bird.
The Baton Rouge rapper was released from the Louisiana State Penitentiary at 7:10 p.m. Wednesday night. Boosie, whose real name is Torrence Hatch, was taken to a sheriff’s department facility where family members were waiting for him, Baton Rouge’s WAFB reports.
Boosie, whose official release date was May 20, had been serving prison time for a drug conviction in 2009. While in prison, he plead guilty to attempting to smuggle drugs, adding eight years to his sentence.
In 2012, Boosie went on trial for first-degree murder. He was accused of hiring a man to kill local rapper Terry Boyd, but was found not guilty. He will remain on parole until 2018.
After his release, Boosie posted a video of his daughter celebrating his release. On March 10, Boosie is scheduled to speak at an event organized by Trill Entertainment and Atlantic Records in New Orleans.
Photos via TheUrbanDaily.com and Rapbasement.com
More from Rucuss
- Lil Boosie Concert Scam Tricks Promoters Out Of $25K Each
- Lil Boosie Holds #BoosieSpeaks Press Conference [Video]
- Boosie Badazz Reveals He Has Cancer [Details]
- Pebbelz Da Model Found Guilty Of Manslaughter In Booty Injection Trial [Video]
- Couple Alert! Is Lil Kim Dating Dallas Mavericks’ Jason Terry?
- T.I. Ends Relationship With Atlantic Records, Now a Independent Artist! [Details]