LeBron James Will Make Movie About A Guy Who Pretended To Be An NBA Draft Pick
Rucuss staffApril 7, 2016
Cleveland Cavaliers star Lebron James is making big moves off the court.
James and his childhood friend Maverick Carter’s company SpringHill Entertainment is teaming up with New Line Cinema to produce its first feature movie, Deadline reports. The companies acquired the rights to an Elite Daily video in which a tall guy pretends to be drafted by the Utah Jazz.
Connor Toole, a 6-foot-10 humor writer for the millennial-focused website, put on a suit and a Jazz hat and headed down to the Barclays Center where he successfully persuaded people into believing he was the No. 42 pick for the NBA team during the 2015 NBA Draft.
Toole snapped tons of photos, took a few shots, and he got flashed while partying in Manhattan. He even made it on the floor at the Barclays Center.
“Guy Pretends He Got Drafted In The 2015 NBA Draft” garnered five million views and was nominated for a 2016 Webby Award in Comedy: Individual Short or Episode.
James will be one of the producers of the film, while Carter will be one of the executive producers. This will be SpringHill’s first feature project since signing a long-term deal with Warner Bros last July.
More from Rucuss
- Delonte West Says the Rumor He Slept With Lebron’s Mom Has Affected His Life!
- Fan Runs on Court Wearing T-shirt Begging LeBron to Return to Cleveland in 2014! [Video]
- Say What: LeBron James Left the Club With Tennis Star Caroline Wozniacki
- LeBron James Busted Trying To Slide Into Model Rachel Bush’s DM?!
- Fling Alert: Khloe Kardashian and NBA Player Tristan Thompson Dating?!
- LeBron James And Kevin Hart To Star in Basketball Comedy Movie [Details]