LeBron James And Kevin Hart To Star in Basketball Comedy Movie [Details]
Rucuss staffDecember 5, 2013
LeBron James wants to add actor to his growing brand.
King James will star in a basketball comedy movie called Ballers, Deadline reports. Kevin Hart will also star in the move, as well as co-write the script. The comedian will have control over who the director will be for the Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment project.
According to Deadline, the movie is about a brother (Hart) who lives in the shadow of his NBA superstar brother (James). But Hart’s character get the chance to prove himself when he attends a basketball fantasy camp.
The plan is to begin filming next summer when James is in the middle of his offseason. Ethan J. Skolnick reports that the project is still in development and no shooting dates have been set yet.
James’ involvement in the project is being spearheaded by Maverick Carter, who is James’ high school friend and longtime manager.
James is following in the footsteps of many NBA players that has starred in movies. Kevin Durant is the most recent pro who starred in Thunderstruck. Michael Jordan starred in Space Jam, Shaq in Kazaam and Ray Allen in He Got Game.
Photos Missinfo.tv and Instagram
More from Rucuss
- NBA Fashion: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden & More [Photos]
- Say What: LeBron James Left the Club With Tennis Star Caroline Wozniacki
- Michael Jordan: ‘No question’ I would have beaten LeBron James [Video]
- LeBron James Stares in Michael Jordan’s Direction While Dunking [Video]
- Sony Studio Exec Calls Kevin Hart a Greedy “Whore” [Details]
- Durant, Barnes, Wall & Ariza Weigh In On Who Wins a 1-on-1 Game Between Kobe & LeBron [Video]