Lebron James and Savannah Brinson Are Engaged! [Photos]
Rucuss staffJanuary 1, 2012
Lebron James and longtime girlfriend Savannah Brinson got engaged over the weekend.
The Miami Heat forward popped the question to his high school sweetheart at Shelborne South Beach hotel in Miami Beach on Saturday night. James got on one knee shortly after midnight at a party to celebrate both New Year’s Eve and his 27th birthday, which was Dec. 30. Savannah, who burst into tears said yes. James and Brinson, who have been dating since they were 16, have two young sons, 7-year-old LeBron Jr. and 4-year-old Bryce.
After the proposal, partygoers went poolside to hear a performance by Nas and Lauryn Hill. The duo performed “If I Ruled the World.” No wedding date has been announced. Party guests included Queen Latifah, Sanaa Lathan, Jessica White, Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade.
Many took to Twitter to congratualate the couple on their engagement. Check out a few tweets.
Adrienne & Chris Bosh
Mark Birnbaum & Nas
Lauryn Hill & Nas
(Photos via WorldRedEye)
More from Rucuss
- Miami Heat Player Udonis Haslem Marries Faith Rein in West Palm Beach [Photos]
- NBA Player LeBron James and Savannah Brinson Set Wedding Date! [Details]
- Fan Runs on Court Wearing T-shirt Begging LeBron to Return to Cleveland in 2014! [Video]
- LeBron James’ Wife Savannah Opens ‘The Juice Spot’ [Photos]
- Miami Heat Star LeBron James Closer to Going Bald, Shaves His Head [Photos]
- LeBron James Fiancee Savannah Brinson Has Bachelorette Party in Las Vegas [Photos]