Laura Govan and Gilbert Arenas are back together!
Rucuss staffSeptember 12, 2011
According to YBF, Laura Govan confirmed that she and NBA player Gilbert Arenas are back together. Govan and her sister Gloria Govan spoke to the blog site at the Mychael Knight fashion show during New York’s fashion week.
“I’m just very happy,” said Govan to YBF. “Gilbert and I are back together!”
This is surprising to hear since Arenas filed a lawsuit to stop Govan from exploiting his image on VH1’s Basketball Wives Los Angeles in June. Govan is a cast member of the series that began airing in August. Arenas didnt win the case but Govan will not mention the basketball star’s name in the show.
Govan and Arenas split almost a year ago. The two had a tumultuous nine-year relationship that saw plenty of breakups, reunions and a marriage proposal. The back-on couple have four kids between them.
Govan, who has been linked to Shaquille O’Neal during his marriage, split from Arenas around Thanksgiving last year. She was four months pregnant.
A representative for Govan told the Washington Post that “she had not heard from Arenas the whole month of December,” said publicist Laura Wright in an e-mailed statement. “Govan and the children feel like they have been abandoned.”
Fast forward nine months and apparently all is forgiven. Hopefully, the two will last this time around.
More from Rucuss
- Gilbert Arenas Blasts Laura Govan For Chasing Fame, Then Denies It [Details]
- Kevin McCall Accused of Beating a Woman Unconscious [Details]
- Matt Barnes Blasts Gloria Govan For Risqué Photo With Laura [Details]
- Basketball Wives Star Gloria Govan Secretly Marries NBA star Matt Barnes In Las Vegas [Details]
- Basketball Wives LA Season Two Supertrailer
- Basketball Wives LA: Laura Govan Says She Beat Up Draya During Reunion Show [Details]