Lana Del Rey & A$AP Rocky As Jackie-O and J.F.K. in ‘National Anthem’ [Video]
Rucuss staffJune 27, 2012
Singer Lana Del Rey released a new video for her song National Anthem that features rapper A$AP Rocky.
Lana plays both Marilyn Monroe and Jacqueline Kennedy while A$AP plays John F. Kennedy in this nearly eight-minute video. Its her latest song off of her first album, Born to Die. The Anthony Mandler-directed clip opens with Lana singing a breathy a cappella “Happy Birthday, Mr. President” serenade that invokes Marilyn Monroe’s iconic 1962 rendition.
Thereafter, Lana plays Jackie-O alongside of A$AP Rocky’s John F. Kennedy. The pair get affectionate and hang out with their children at their estate. The video also has a few 2012 twists with a dice-game block party.
“Every so often, I top what I’ve done, and this video is definitely the most beautiful thing I’ve ever done,” Lana tolda German reporter via MTV. “I wrote a treatment for me and A$AP Rocky, because i just thought he’d be really perfect to star in it.”
A$AP added,”We did a video together … [it’s] some swag sh-t. I play JFK, she plays Jackie O, you know, some cool, trippy sh–, some really 2015 sh–. People gonna get it in like three years, and that’s the whole purpose of it.”
Check out the epic eight-minute-long video below.
More from Rucuss
- A$AP Rocky Sexuality Questioned After Photo Surfaces on Internet [Details]
- Common and John Legend Win Best Original Song at Golden Globes
- Michael Jackson Tops Forbes’ List of Highest-Earning Deceased Celebs
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Lindsay Lohan Back On Set After Being Found Unconscious
- Diddy Throws Son A 90s-Themed 21st Birthday Party [Details]