Lamar Odom Quits Spanish Team After Back Injury [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 16, 2014
Former NBA player Lamar Odom didn’t have the return he had hoped for.
After playing in just two games in Spain, Odom’s comeback is on hold because of a back injury. The 34-year-old has been ruled unfit to play due to a back injury and has “finished his present contract,” the Spanish basketball team Baskonia (also known as Laboral Kutxa) announced on Saturday.
Odom will treat his injury in the U.S and is already back home in the states. In a statement, Odom gave thanks to the fans and said he is still part of the team.
“I am going to try and get back on the court and give you guys a show,” Odom told the club’s website.
Baskonia said that Odom’s personal doctors in New York have ruled him unfit to play for two months, meaning he has “finished his present contract.” Odom had traveled to New York with Baskonia’s permission.
ESPN reports that Baskonia will “leave the door open” to re-signing Odom when he recovers.
Photos via Yahoo.com and Us Magazine
More from Rucuss
- Lamar Odom Reportedly Checks Into Rehab [Details]
- Lamar Odom Spotted On Date, Khloe Reportedly Files For Divorce
- Lamar Odom Reportedly Bought Ingredient Used To Make Homemade Crack Pipes [Details]
- Khloe Kardashian Requests Spousal Support in Divorce Filings While Dating Trey Songz
- Lamar Odom is Not Missing, Dealing With Drug Problem! [Details]
- Lamar Odom Continues to Fight For His Life [Details]