LaLa Anthony and Terrence J Host Hip Hop Inaugural Ball [Photos]
Rucuss staffJanuary 21, 2013
Hip Hop artists came together to celebrate a second term for President Barack Obama at the Harman Center of the Arts in Washington DC on Sunday.
Russell Simmons came up with the event in 2009 for Obama’s first term in office. Now four years later, Simmons has joined forces with other hip hop celebrities for the Hip-Hop Inaugural Ball II.
The event not only celebrated Obama’s victory but also paid homage to those who dedicated time, money and effort to reelect the President during his campaign. The ball was hosted by Lala Anthony and Terrence J. It honored Doug E. Fresh and MC Lyte with Lifetime Achievement Awards and John Legend with a Humanitarian Award.
2 Chainz was also honored with the Street Soldier Award for encouraging young voters to get out and vote as a spokesperson for the Hip-Hop Caucus’ “Respect My Vote!” campaign.
Swizz Beatz, Fab Five Freddy, Yo-Yo, Angela Simmons, Rosario Dawson, Elle Varner, Chanel Iman, Lance Gross, Meek Mill, Tyson Beckford, WEEN’s Valiesha Butterfield-Jones, Marsha Ambrosius and more were all in attendance. Check out a few photos of the event below.
LaLa Anthony and Terrence Jenkins
Wayne Brady and Doug E. Fresh
New York Giants Victor Cruz and Swizz Beatz
John Legend’s fiancee Christie Teigen
Tyson Beckford brought his suit and date to the event.
Photos via Global Grind
More from Rucuss
- 2 Chainz, Common, Drake, Beyonce & More Sit Courtside at All-Star Game [Photos]
- LaLa Anthony, Carmelo Anthony, Monica & More Attend 5th & Mercer’s Pop Up Shop
- Lala Anthony Rocks Iro Jacket, Chanel Clutch & Nicholas Kirkwood Booties To Knicks Game
- President Obama: ‘I’ve Got 99 Problems and Now Jay-Z is One’
- President Obama Responds to Donald Trump’s $5 Million Offer on Jay Leno [Video]
- LaLa Anthony Shows Off New Haircut [Photos]