Lady Gaga Sings National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
Rucuss staffFebruary 8, 2016
Lady Gaga sang her heart out doing her rendition of the National Anthem at Super Bowl 50.
While the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers stood along the sidelines on Sunday, Gaga blew away the crowd at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif. Dressed in a shimmering red Gucci suit, she paid tribute to America with her rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner, accompanied by a piano.
“God bless you, America!” she said at the conclusion of the performance. Before her performance she told told the NFL Network, “It’s such an honor and a dream come true. I’ve always wanted to sing the National Anthem at a major sporting event since I was a little girl, and for it to be the Super Bowl, it is the ultimate.”
After the Super Bowl, Gaga is scheduled to perform at the Grammys on Feb. 15 to pay tribute to David Bowie. Then she will perform her Oscar-nominated song Til It Happens to You at the Academy Awards on Feb. 28. Gaga becomes the first artist to perform at the Super Bowl, Grammys, and Oscars all in the same year. Watch Gaga perform below.
More from Rucuss
- Beyoncé Lip-Synced the Star-Spangled Banner, Kelly Clarkson Sang Live [Details]
- Lady Gaga’s Odd Tour Rider Revealed, Wants Mannequin With Pink Pubic Hair! [Details]
- Lady Gaga And R. Kelly Simulate Sex On ‘SNL’ Stage [Video]
- Leonardo DiCaprio Gives Lady Gaga The Side Eye At The Golden Globes
- Lady Gaga’s Charity Donated Just $5,000 of Its $2.1 Million [Details]
- Lady Gaga Goes Topless for Versace Spring Campaign [Photos]