Lady Gaga Launches Born This Way Foundation
Rucuss staffNovember 2, 2011
Lady Gaga has stepped up her battle against bullying.
The pop superstar has launched the Born This Way Foundation, which is named after one of her hit songs. The non-profit charity will support programs and initiatives that empower youth.
Gaga founded the BTW foundations with her mother Cynthia Germanotta. Gaga told MTV, “My mother and I have initiated a passion project. We call it the Born This Way Foundation. Together we hope to establish a standard of bravery and kindness, as well as a community worldwide that protects and nurtures others in the face of bullying and abandonment.”
The foundation will work with the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the California Endowment and the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University. The foundation will be dedicated to “youth empowerment and equality by addressing issues like self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring and career development and will utilize digital mobilization as one of the means to create positive change.”
An advisory board and more details about the organization will be announced soon, the statement said.
More from Rucuss
- Lady Gaga’s Charity Donated Just $5,000 of Its $2.1 Million [Details]
- Jay-Z Receives Platinum Plaque For Magna Carta Holy Grail [Photo]
- Kanye West’s Charity Only Donated $583 in Two Years! [Details]
- The Game Agrees To Fight Stitches, But Under Two Conditions
- TLC Launches Kickstarter Campaign for Final Album [Details]
- Lil Terio Booking Rates For Events & Club Apperances Revealed