Kyrie Irving Challenges Kobe Bryant to 1-on-1 for $50,000 [Video]
Rucuss staffJuly 13, 2012
NBA Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving is clearly feeling confident these days.
So much so that he’s challenged Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant to a game of 1-on-1 with $50,000 on the line for charity. Irving, who played on the Select Team that practiced against Team USA, bet Kobe during an afternoon practice in Las Vegas.
During the hilarious trash-talk-filled video for DukeBluePlanet.com, Bryant teases the Cleveland Cavalier guard about his age. The 20-year old replies,”You think you’re talking to a high school kid?”
Bryant: “You just came out of high school.”
Irving: “I came out of college. You came out of high school [to the NBA.]”
Bryant: “You played two games [in college.]”
Irving: “You have to guard. You’re not going to lock me up. It’s over.”
Bryant: “You’re going to need a pick to get me off you, sonny.”
Irving: “You think you’re playing Lil’ Bow Wow?”
Bryant: “You’re about the same size.”
The end result appears to be that they will play a 1-on-1 game next summer with the proceeds going to Bryant’s charity. They shook on it.
“I give him credit for his confidence,” Bryant said. “It’s 50 grand for my charity. Greatly appreciated. Easy money. Easy money.”
Watch the trash talk below.
More from Rucuss
- Couple Alert: Kyrie Irving and Kehlani Are Dating
- The Sixers Honors Kobe Bryant With Tribute Before His Final Game In Philly
- Kobe Bryant Says He’s Better Than Michael Jordan [Video]
- Kobe Bryant Sets NBA Auction Record With Sale Of His 2016 All-Star Jersey
- Lamar Odom Opens Up About Khloe Kardashian Divorce
- Will Ferrell Ejects Shaquille O’Neal From Staples Center [Video]