Kobe Bryant Thinks the 2012 Team USA Squad Would Beat the 1992 Dream Team [Video]
Rucuss staffJuly 11, 2012
Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant is known to stand behind his team.
It doesn’t matter if Bryant’s entire squad has a bunch of scrubs playing, he will always believe his team will win the game. So it came as no surprise when he revealed in a recent interview that this year’s olympic team would beat the beloved 1992 Dream team.
A reporter asked the hypothetical question ‘who would win if those two teams faced off against each other?’ Kobe quickly replied on Monday, “It’d be a tough one, but I think we’d pull it out.”
Naturally, Bryant thinks it can. But can this current group beat arguably the greatest team ever assembled? Kobe admitted that the Michael Jordan-led Dream Team, which was comprised of NBA legends and Christian Laettner, would have the size advantage.
But where the 2012 team lacks in size, it makes up with athleticism. Kobe also pointed out that Magic Johnson and Larry Bird were at the end of their careers.
Kobe may have a point but you can never count out a team that has Michael Jordan in his prime.
Check out footage from the Dream Team documentary below.
More from Rucuss
- Kobe Bryant Says He’s Better Than Michael Jordan [Video]
- Kobe Bryant Sets NBA Auction Record With Sale Of His 2016 All-Star Jersey
- Michael Jordan Gifted Kobe Bryant With A Complete Set Of Air Jordan’s
- Will Ferrell Ejects Shaquille O’Neal From Staples Center [Video]
- Kendrick Perkins Slams LeBron For Dunk Tweet, Thinks He Tweets For Attention!
- In Case You Missed It, TNT’s ‘NBA Forever’ Intro Was Epic! [Video]