Kobe Bryant Sets NBA Auction Record With Sale Of His 2016 All-Star Jersey
Rucuss staffMarch 19, 2016
Fans want to remember Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant anyway they can.
And if that means forking over a lot of money, than they will do it. Bryant’s final 2016 All-Star game jersey sold for a whopping $100,040, according to NBA Auctions. Bryant wore that jersey for the first half of the All-Star game.
The sale doubled the previous record held by LeBron James. The Cleveland Cavaliers star’s first jersey when he returned to the team for the 2014-16 season sold for $50,040.
But if these prices seem out of your price range, than never fear. Fans can still get a pair of shorts the Black Mamba wore for his eighteenth and final All-Star game for $1,100.
Bryant, who was the leading vote-getter and was playing in his 18th and final All-Star Game, scored 10 points and had seven assists in 25 minutes of play.
Kobe’s last day on the court is April 13.
More from Rucuss
- Durant, Barnes, Wall & Ariza Weigh In On Who Wins a 1-on-1 Game Between Kobe & LeBron [Video]
- The Sixers Honors Kobe Bryant With Tribute Before His Final Game In Philly
- Usher, Wiz Khalifa and More Honor Kobe Bryant
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out ESPN Magazine For Retouched Cover [Photos]
- Italian Club Offers Kobe Bryant $600,000 a Game
- NBA Fashion: Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash Carry Man Purses [Photos]