Kim Kardashian Writes Plea For Black Lives Matter After Dallas Shooting
Rucuss staffJuly 9, 2016
Kim Kardashian is not known to share her political views or beliefs on certain issues.
But in the wake of the killings of Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and the five police officers in Dallas, Kardashian took to her website to mourn the victims of police brutality. Kardashian wrote that she doesn’t ever want to have to tell her son to be scared of the police.
The last thing we need is to fuel anger with more hate or violence, especially toward the many incredible police officers who risk their lives every single day to protect our families and communities. We must peacefully use the power of our voices and the strength of our numbers to demand changes in the judicial system so that brutality doesn’t ever go unpunished.
It is our responsibility as Americans and as parents to create a safe future for our children. We must do something NOW. We must speak up until we are heard and real, effective changes are made.
Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, Eric Garner, Freddie Gray, Tamir Rice, Sandra Bland, Sean Bell … and unfortunately so many more.
Hashtags are not enough. This must end now.
When Kardashian becomes the voice of reason, you know its time for a change. Kim Kardashian West has two children with her husband, Kanye West: North, 3, and Saint, 7 months.
More from Rucuss
- Kanye West Hospitalized in L.A. [Details]
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Silence Divorce Rumors With Family Photo
- Chris Brown, Kim Kardashian Blasts Pranksters For Swatting! [Details]
- AP.9 Says He Slept With Coco, Kim Kardashian & a Lakers’ Wife! [Video]
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Officially Tie The Knot In Italy [Details]
- Kim Kardashian Shares Photos of Baby North’s New Designer Clothing [Photos]