Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Sue Over Leaked Proposal Video [Details]
Rucuss staffNovember 1, 2013
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West weren’t pleased when their proposal was leaked on the Internet.
Not the celebrity couple is suing the person who leaked it. Kimye filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles on Thursday against YouTube cofounder, Chad Hurley for allegedly leaking their engagement video.
West popped the question to the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star last Monday in a special, surprise proposal at San Francisco’s AT&T Park. And a day later, Hurley allegedly leaked it on his website, MixBit.
According to the lawsuit, Kardashian alleges that Hurley wasn’t even invited to the surprise event, but he “tagged along with someone who was invited.” Kardashian and West were kind enough to let Hurley stay after he agreed to sign a confidentiality agreement forbidding him to post images or videos from the night’s festivities. He took a photo holding the signed confidentiality agreement, which is attached to the lawsuit.
The suit also states that “Hurley proceeded to try to turn the event into one staring himself, broadcasting the images he knew were the exclusive property rights of someone else.”
Kardashian and West are suing for unspecified damages.
Photos via Instagram
More from Rucuss
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Silence Divorce Rumors With Family Photo
- Kanye West Hospitalized in L.A. [Details]
- Kanye West Gives Kim Kardashian Similar Engagement Ring As Ex?!
- Kanye Warns Paparazzi While Out With Kim: ‘Don’t Ask Us No Questions’ [Video]
- Kim Kardashian Is Planning a Summer Wedding in Paris, Will Add West To Name
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West To Wed In Florence, Italy [Details]