Kid Cudi Feels Used by Kanye West [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 28, 2014
Former G.O.O.D. Music artist Kid Cudi was caught off guard when Kanye West used his vocals on the Yeezus single Guilt Trip.
Although he was flattered to be included on the album, Cudi admits Kanye didn’t even bother to tell him before it was released. He found out about on social media. Cudi didn’t appreciate it and kind of wish it didn’t happen.
Cudi told Complex:
The vocal that I did on that song was a couple years old. I forgot which session it was, but it was just a reference. I discovered that I was on the song via Twitter… Part of me was flattered, like, it’s kind of cool that he thought of me.
Then I started thinking about it more. It was like, Why not call me and have me come in there and give it? Why underuse me? Why put four bars of vocals to coax my fans into thinking this is a legitimate Kid Cudi feature on this song and it isn’t?
…It’s weird. I don’t know how to feel but I would’ve much rather been off that song. I don’t care to be on people’s songs like that. Unless it came from a legitimate session where we’re all vibing and have an idea.
Kid Cudi left West’s G.O.O.D. Music Label last year. He released his fifth album, Satellite Flight, at midnight Monday without any marketing. You can read his entire interview here.
Photos via Respect-mag.com and Popcrush.com
More from Rucuss
- Kid Cudi Calls Kanye West & Drake ‘Corny’ Rappers, Drizzy and West Respond
- Lupe Fiasco Disses Kid Cudi For Threatening Drake From Rehab [Details]
- Kid Cudi Wears Crop Top At Coachella, Gets Clowned For It [Details]
- Kid Cudi Faints During Chicago Concert [Video]
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Kanye West Defends Drake Against Rolling Stone Comments [Details]