Keyshia Cole Finds Biological Father After 34 Years [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 15, 2016
Keyshia Cole has finally found her biological father.
Cole, who was adopted by family friends Leon and Yvonne Cole at two years old, recently reunited with her dad after 34 years. In an Instagram post, Cole shared the news. Her father is Virgil Hunter, who is a boxing trainer.
“While in NYC I was overwhelmed with emotion, I explained while on stage at the Barclays, the situation I was faced with at that moment, which was, my father and I finding our way to each other, After 34 years,” Cole said. “I knew at that time, a paternity test was in place, well the results are in, and this is my father!!”
Cole continued, “His name is Virgil Hunter, and at this present time, I’m in Oakland spending time, getting to kno him. The story behind this is beyond me!!! God has his hands all in this!!! I’m so excited, So excited with taking this a day at a time!!!”
Cole also shared a moment on Instagram of what her father and mother looked like when they first met 34 years ago.
Hunter is a famous boxing trainer, who’s worked with top athletes like Amir Khan, Andre Ward, and more.
Last year, during an episode of her BET reality series “Keyshia Cole: All In,” the singer’s mother Frankie Lons revealed the circumstances surrounding Keyshia’s adoption.
“I had started going back and forth to jail for miscellaneous stuff,” said Lons. “Things that come with being a prostitute. My mom talked me into letting her best friend, Yvonne Cole, keep Keyshia until I decided what to do with myself.”
Photos via Instagram
More from Rucuss
- Keyshia Cole Slams Her Sister Neffe For Writing Tell-All-Book [Details]
- Keyshia Cole Refuses To Open For The Weeknd [Details]
- Keyshia Cole Hints That Her Marriage May Still Be On The Rocks [Details]
- Bow Wow & Keyshia Cole Spotted Together In VIP Of Club [Photos]
- Keyshia Cole Blasts Daniel Gibson For Trying to Get With Another Woman [Details]
- Daniel ‘Booby’ Gibson Confirms Marriage Trouble With Keyshia Cole [Details]