Kevin Hart Arrested For Alleged DUI, Makes Joke About it on Twitter [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 14, 2013
Comedian Kevin Hart was arrested on suspicion of DUI after narrowly avoiding a collision with a gas tanker in Los Angeles.
California Highway Patrol told TMZ that Hart was spotted driving erratically and going 90 miles per hour on the freeway on Sunday around 4:30 a.m. Officers said that when they pulled the 32-year old star over after he “almost collided with a gas tanker truck,” he showed “objective signs of intoxication” and was unable to pass a sobriety test.
Hart was charged with misdemeanor DUI, and was released on a $5,000 bond. This appears to be Hart’s first run-in with the law.
Hart explained his side of the story on Twitter. The Real Husbands of Hollywood star admitted he was drinking while trying to make a joke of the situation. Hart tweeted:
“I’m officially a thug, I spent 6hrs in jail last night…I got pulled over 3blocks from my house by a dick head cop….This cop was the worst, he knew who I was & wanted to make a example out of me….I did 6,000 push ups & 13,000 sit ups while I was in the pin….shout out to my celly “Mark” we exchanged war stories LMFAO When the cop asked me to take the sobriety test I said “WHY WASTE OUR TIME…I’M DRUNK MAN” ….. #TrueStory
One hour later, Hart realized how serious his arrest was and let his followers know that driving and driving doesn’t mix.
Photos via Twitter and Philly.com
More from Rucuss
- Steve Harvey, Bodyguard Questioned in Car Keying Incident [Details]
- Trey Songz, Kevin Hart, DeRay Davis & More Help LeToya Luckett Celebrate Her Birthday [Photos]
- Watch a Sneak Peek of Real Husbands of Hollywood [Video]
- Kevin Hart Tired Of Ex-Wife Bashing Girlfriend, Torrei Hart Responds
- LeBron James And Kevin Hart To Star in Basketball Comedy Movie [Details]
- Sony Studio Exec Calls Kevin Hart a Greedy “Whore” [Details]