Kevin Gates Says He Kicked A Fan At His Concert in Self-Defense
Rucuss staffApril 15, 2016
Kevin Gates is trying to validate his reasoning for kicking a fan during one of his concerts.
Gates came under fire back in August after a video surfaced of him kicking a woman in the chest at his concert. Miranda Dixon, who was standing toward the front of the stage, reached out to touch Gates’ leg and got kicked. She told ABC News in an interview that the health effects are still present.
“It still hurts so much, that is why I try not to talk too much, or even walk around,” the 18-year-old said. Now, Gates, who was recently charged for the incident, cites self-defense as the reason for his actions.
Gates claims Dixon attempted to grab his clothing twice during his show in Lakeland, Fla. He said he lost his cool when the second maneuver happened. TMZ reports Gates also mentioned Florida’s stand your ground law as further incentive to justify his actions.
More from Rucuss
- Migos Reportedly Jump Sean Kingston, Gunfire Erupts
- 7 Routines Fitness Experts Wish You’d Stop Doing in the Gym
- 50 Cent Punches Female Fan, Then Invites Her Onstage to Twerk [Details]
- Watch Kylie Jenner & Tyga In Steamy Short Film [Video]
- Karrine Steffans Kicks Her Husband Columbus Short Out
- Rihanna, Kate Moss Get Naked, Fondle Each Other For V Magazine [Photos}