Kevin Durant on Fiancée Monica Wright: ‘I’m Glad She’s My Future Wife’
Rucuss staffOctober 14, 2013
Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant has met his match.
Basketball is Durant’s life and he’s found a woman who feels the same way about the sport. Durant proposed to Monica Wright over the summer and since then he continues to praise his fiancée every chance he gets.
Wright, who plays for the Minnesota Lynx, helped the team win the 2013 WNBA Championship last week. And Durant was in attendance. He told Oklahoma Thunder beat writer Darnell Mayberry that, “he was proud of how she helped her team win a championship. It was kind of tears of joy. I’m glad she’s my future wife. She’s got more championships than I do.”
When Durant was later asked by a fan on Twitter how he felt about Wright getting a championship ring before he did. Durant responded, “@pdgrahamo30 I love it!!! She’s the better player anyway.”
Durant has been pretty tight-lipped about the engagement only confirming the news and posting photos of his bride to be. Wright, on the other hand, doesn’t mind expressing her feelings about her basketball player.
Wright publicly expressed her love for Durant on Instagram in August. Her post read, “You think I’m pretty without any makeup on you think I’m funny when I tell the punchline wrong I know you get me so I let my walls come down. Before you met me I was alright but things were kinda heavy you brought me to life now every February you’ll be my Valentine.” Katy Perry said it best!”
Photos via Instagram and Qtalkstv.com
More from Rucuss
- NBA Player Kevin Durant Engaged to WNBA Player Monica Wright [Photos]
- Meet Mercedes, She Claims She Slept With Kevin Durant
- Couple Alert: Is Kevin Durant Dating WNBA Lynx Star Monica Wright? [Photos]
- Trouble in Paradise: Kevin Durant and Monica Wright Take a Break?!
- Couple Alert: Kevin Durant And Letoya Luckett Dating Again?!
- NBA Player Kevin Durant Officially Signs With Roc Nation Sports [Photo]