Kevin Durant Appears in Back to the Future Commercial
Johnnie WaltersSeptember 10, 2011
Nike has released an advertising campaign featuring NBA player Kevin Durant, Bill Hader and Christopher Lloyd to publicize their new “Back To The Future” themed shoes. The limited edition shoe is based on the 1980s films. Nike created a limited-edition shoe based on a glowing pair that appeared in the popular 1989 movie “Back to the Future II.”
Nike will release 1,500 pairs of the 2011 Nike Mag sneaker for auction on eBay and donate all proceeds to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s disease research. Google founder Sergery Brin has offered to match all donations up to $50 million through 2012. According to TMZ, the very first pair were sold for $37,000 to a buyer in Los Angeles.
Check out the commercial.
More from Rucuss
- NBA Player Kevin Durant Officially Signs With Roc Nation Sports [Photo]
- Kevin Durant Gives Emotional MVP Acceptance Speech [Video]
- Couple Alert: Is Kevin Durant Dating WNBA Lynx Star Monica Wright? [Photos]
- Kevin Durant’s Issues With Russell Westbrook Allegedly Contributed to Decision
- Couple Alert: Kevin Durant And Letoya Luckett Dating Again?!
- Trouble in Paradise: Kevin Durant and Monica Wright Take a Break?!