Keri Hilson Confirms Serge Ibaka Break Up, Says Music Is Her Boyfriend [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 12, 2014
The rumors were true about Keri Hilson and Oklahoma City Thunder star Serge Ibaka breaking up.
In an interview with HipHollywood on the red carpet of the About Last Night premiere, Hilson talked about breaking up in the public eye and being honest about love in her music. The No Boys Allowed singer said that her pain has been motivation for her songwriting.
“Some things you want to deal with privately, but you’re not always given that option,” she said. “Most things I go through I have to write about. To be honest with my music…for me to expect anyone to connect it has to come from a place of honesty. I absolutely explained what happened with…the only three men I’ve ever loved in my life.”
Hilson also talked about the split with The Jasmine Brand.
“This is going to be an interesting Valentine’s Day,” Hilson said. “That’s all I’ll say. It’s going to be interesting. I’m working, I’m just busy, I’m busy. I feel like right now, music is my boyfriend. That’s how I feel, right now. So, I don’t know.”
Hilson also gave women advice about relationships.
“Know who you are,” Hilson said. “Umm, never drop your standards, for anyone. That’s it. And I mean that in every since of the relationship. Business, you know whatever, if there’s a certain standard that you uphold, and you’re so strong-minded. There are some things that you [can] tweak in a relationship, but not your standard. Not that.”
Hilson and Ibaka are rumored to have split around New Year’s. The couple began dating in 2012. Watch Hip Hollywood’s interview below.
More from Rucuss
- Keri Hilson, Serge Ibaka Rock Fedoras at Atlanta Club [Photos]
- NBA Player Serge Ibaka and Keri Hilson Vacation in Cabo San Lucas [Photos]
- NBA Player Serge Ibaka Goes Shirtless For New Photo Shoot [Photos]
- Keri Hilson, OKC Player Serge Ibaka Party For Her 30th Birthday [Photos]
- Couple Alert: Serge Ibaka, Keri Hilson Spotted On Dinner Date [Details]
- Yikes: Keri Hilson Travels Across the World to Perform & No One Shows Up! [Photos]