Kelis Shows Off Cooking Skills With Her Own Food Truck At SXSW [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 15, 2014
Kelis knows her way around a kitchen.
The Milkshake singer proved that during a trip to SXSW in Austin, Texas. Kelis showed off her culinary skills by bringing a food truck to the event in an effort to promote her upcoming album Food, due in stores April 22.
Kelis, who will star in her own special on the Cooking Channel, served free gourmet meals on Thursday and Friday. Her menu included duck confit sliders, shredded beef with wild cherry BBQ sauce, coleslaw and jerk ribs.
Fans lined up around the block to get a taste of the jerk ribs that according to Kelis, “literally fall off the bone.” Her fans gave her rave reviews for her food.
Unfortunately, Kelis didn’t serve any milkshakes in honor of her song. While in town, she performed some new songs at several showcases including NPR Music. Check out a few more photos and video of Kelis from SXSW below.
Photos via theGuardian.com, Newgossip.org and Rap-Up.com
More from Rucuss
- Kelis Performs ‘Jerk Ribs’ on ‘Letterman,’ Gets Clowned For Weave [Video]
- Kelis Confirms She’s Pregnant! [Details]
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’
- Safaree Talks Nicki Minaj Breakup, Remy Ma, & Meek Mill on ‘Wendy’ [Video]
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Say What: Did Tyga Give Kylie Jenner Blac Chyna’s Truck?!