Keke Palmer To Become The Youngest Talk Show Host In History [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 22, 2014
Actress Keke Palmer can add talk show host to her resume.
Palmer will host a new daily talk show produced by BET Networks and Telepictures that is scheduled to debut in July. Palmer, 20, will be the youngest TV talk show host ever.
The show, which has the working title of The Keke Palmer Project, will “target millennials by covering a variety of topics, including fashion, social media, pop culture, sex and more.” Celebrity interviews, “on the street” bits and undercover segments will be part of the mix for the series.
“I like to read quotes that touch on how I am feeling,” Palmer said in a statement. “If I am dealing with confusion, I will read quotes about clarity and peace of mind. I started posting these quotes on my Twitter page and the fans responded so positively! I realized that many of them are dealing with similar issues and the quotes helped to open up a genuine dialogue between us.”
Palmer already has a busy slate. She’s starring in the upcoming horror film “Animal,” which is being produced by Drew Barrymore. She also has a role in a six-episode arc on Showtime’s Masters of Sex and is featured in the independent films Brotherly Love and Imperial Dreams, which premiered this year at Sundance.
The talk show will be produced in Los Angeles during a four-week run. Judge Greg Mathis and his company Mathis Productions was key in establishing a relationship between Palmer and Telepictures. He will be an executive producer.
Photos via Theapod.com and Instagram
More from Rucuss
- Trey Songz Talks About Arrest, Keke Palmer & Reality Show On ‘The Breakfast Club’
- Lil Mama, Keke Palmer, T-Boz, Chilli & More Attend Premiere of ‘The TLC Story’
- The Game Drags Meek Mill Over Nicki Minaj & Remy Ma Beef
- Chris Brown Goes Off On Karrueche Over Soulja Boy Comments
- Larsa Pippen Spotted Hanging At Future’s Miami Mansion [Details]
- Keke Palmer, Lil Mama & Drew Sidora Transform Into TLC [Photos]