Katy Perry Thanks Fans For Support, Takes Shots At Parents
Rucuss staffJanuary 9, 2012
Katy Perry has resurfaced after her estranged husband Russell Brand filed for divorce.
Perry, who has been laying low since the split, returned to Twitter for the first time since the announcement of the divorce. She didn’t address the split directly, but she did thank her fans for their support on Jan. 7. She thanked her fans for their concern and well-wishes during her difficult time.
Perry tweeted, “I am so grateful for all the love and support I’ve had from people around the world. You guys have made my heart happy again.”
Afterwards, Perry decided to lash out at her parents for speaking publicly in church about her split from Russell. Her parents Keith and Mary Hudson, who are both Christian ministers, said that Katy’s divorce was a blessing in disguise during a sermon.
Perry tweeted, “Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, ‘close sources’ or my family.”
Needless to say, Perry’s parents has not mentioned their daughter in church.
More from Rucuss
- Katy Perry Divorce: Russell Brand Files on Behalf of Both For Family’s Sake
- Katy Perry Shows Off New Hair Color in InStyle Magazine
- Chief Keef Sued By Uncle For $10,000 in Rent! [Details]
- Does Jennifer Hudson Want David to Quit Wrestling?
- Katy Perry Helps John Mayer Celebrate His Birthday [Photos]
- Was Russell Brand’s Sex Addiction to Blame for His Divorce From Katy Perry?