Katherine Jackson Says She Was Tricked into Going to Arizona [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 3, 2012
Katherine Jackson admits in court documents that she did not know she was going to Arizona.
Michael Jackson’s mother made headline news in July when she was reported missing by a relative. Police located Katherine shortly thereafter in Arizona at a resort, which was close by her daughter Rebbie Jackson’s home. Sources told TMZ that they believed it was a brainwashing mission to get Katherine to give up control of the $70,000 a month she receives from Michael’s estate.
When Katherine returned home 11 days later, some described her as confused and convinced she had been lied to. She did not talk to Michael’s kids, which she has custody, for nine days. She tried to downplay claims that she went against her will in an ABC interview surrounded by Rebbie, Janet and Jermaine. She called her absence a ‘short vacation.’
But now it appears there may be some validity to what some family members, including Michael’s three children feared.
In a sworn declaration obtained by TMZ, Katherine said she was scheduled to go on a road trip to New Mexico to watch her sons in concert. But on July 14th, an unnamed doctor showed up to her home and said she needed to travel by plane instead.
Katherine followed the doctor’s orders and got on a plane, but she ended up in Tucson, Ariz. instead of New Mexico. They took her to a luxury resort where her phone and iPad were taken and her television was shut off.
When Katherine asked about the grandchildren, she was told “they were fine” and there was nothing to worry about. She claims she did not know she had been reported missing and her grandchildren were worried about her.
More from Rucuss
- Katherine Jackson’s Husband, Children & Some Grandchildren Banned From Home [Details]
- Randy, Jermaine Jackson Allegedly Plotting to Get Michael Jackson’s Money [Details]
- Michael Jackson’s Estate to Pay For Janet Jackson’s Mortgage [Details]
- Katherine Jackson is Home, Prince Michael Jackson Puts Family On Blast! [Details]
- Fight at Katherine Jackson’s Home, Tito Jackson’s Son Wants Temporary Custody [Details/Video]
- Randy & Jermaine Jackson Allegedly Asked Michael Jackson’s Estate to Pay Child Support! [Details]