Kanye West’s Yeezus Tour Merchandise Features Skulls & Confederate Flag [Photos]
Rucuss staffOctober 21, 2013
Kanye West kicked off his Yeezus Tour over the weekend and its merchandise features images of the Confederate flag.
The New Slaves rapper made sure his merchandise for the tour was as controversial as the show, which features masks, a mountain and a Jesus impersonator. The t-shirts feature 80s-inspired heavy metal designs, along with confederate flags.
The merchandise is a collaboration with artist Wes Lang and features an image of a skeleton complete in a Native American headdress and traditional garments with the text “God Wants You.” Another has a skeleton holding a hatchet, drapped with a confederate flag. Prices for the merchandise range from $20 to $80.
West’s friend Been Trill founder, and “style adviser,” posted images of the gear with a caption of the sickle wielding design reading, “Our mama’s were raised in an era when.. The touring merchandise collection of thoughts Doors open in 1 hour #yeezustour #weslang.”
Check out images of some of the merchandise below.
Photos via Instagram, HipHopWired.com and
More from Rucuss
- Kanye West Launches Yeezus Chicago Pop-Up Store With New Confederate Gear [Photos]
- Kanye West Speaks At Harvard Graduate School of Design [Video]
- Jay-Z, Beyonce, Timbaland, Busta Rhymes & More Attend Kanye West’s ‘Yeezus’ Listening Party [Photos]
- Kanye West, Jimmy Kimmel End Feud On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ [Video]
- Kanye West Enlists Scott Disick For American Psycho Inspired Short Film to Promote ‘Yeezus’ [Video]
- Kanye West Meets with Donald Trump [Details]