Kanye West Paid $3 Million to Perform At Wedding in Kazakhstan [Video]
Rucuss staffSeptember 2, 2013
Kanye West made a few million dollars on Saturday performing at a wedding in Kazakhstan.
One week after performing “Yeezus” track Blood on the Leaves at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, West traveled to Kazakhstan to perform at the wedding of President Nursultan Nazarbayev’s grandson.
West was allegedly paid $3 million for the private concert. The birthday party took place at the Hotel Royal Tulip in the nation’s capital of Almaty.
West has come under fire for performing at the bash because Nazarbayev has been the subject of corruption allegations.
Human Rights Watch director David Mepham told the DailyMail.com that “Kazakhstan’s serious and deteriorating human rights situation includes ‘credible allegations of torture, the imprisonment of government critics, tight controls over the media and freedom of expression and association, limits in religious freedom, and continuing violation of workers’ rights.'”
In 2011, Sting canceled a planned performance in Kazakhstan, citing “unacceptable” treatment of oil workers in the country.
Watch footage of West’s performance via Instagram below.
Photos via Instagram and Zimbio.com
More from Rucuss
- Kanye West Hospitalized in L.A. [Details]
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Kanye West Announces Adidas Deal, Says Kim Kardashian ‘Most Beautiful Woman Of All Time [Video]
- Kanye West Talks Proposal to Kim Kardashian, Wedding Plans & Picking Out The Ring
- Kanye West Wears Outlandish Face Masks During Revel Concert [Photos/Video]
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Are Reportedly Getting Married This Week