Kanye West, Jay Z, & TIDAL Sued Over ‘The Life of Pablo’ Exclusivity
Rucuss staffApril 19, 2016
Kanye West is in some serious legal trouble.
According to TechCrunch, a fan named Justin Baker-Rhett has filed a class action suit against West, Jay Z’s S. Carter Enterprises, and TIDAL for promising that The Life Of Pablo would only be available on TIDAL. It is a vow that was broken recently when the project appeared on all other major streaming services.
“My album will never never never be on Apple,” West tweeted back in February. “And it will never be for sale… You can only get it on Tidal.”
According to Rhett, the lie was fabricated in order to help TIDAL avoid failure. The suit claims listeners were bamboozled into “paying for TIDAL’s rescue,” citing $84 million growth in the platform following Pablo‘s release. The album also reportedly doubled the company’s subscribers.
West’s The Life of Pablo helped him earn the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 last week. Rhett is now seeking damages from Kanye, Jay Z, and TIDAL.
More from Rucuss
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Jay Z Goes On Tidal Rant, Gets Clowned For It [Details]
- Jay Z Sues Former TIDAL Owners [Details]
- Kanye West Countersued Over Canceled ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Details]
- Kanye West Is Not Feeling Jay Z, Goes On Epic Rant About Hov [Video]
- Jay-Z, Beyonce, Timbaland, Busta Rhymes & More Attend Kanye West’s ‘Yeezus’ Listening Party [Photos]