Kanye West Countersued Over Canceled ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 2, 2017
Kanye West is being counter sued by Lloyd’s of London.
After Yeezy sued Lloyd’s of London for $10 million, the famed insurance market hit the rapper back by counter sueing his Very Good Touring company. TMZ reports London claims that he has yet to provide information needed to assess whether they are obligated to cover the losses from his canceled “Saint Pablo Tour” dates.
In the countersuit, Lloyd’s claims that West did something to trigger policy exclusions, referring to substance abuse. Although the market doesn’t mention which substances were involved, West’s original lawsuit claimed that Lloyd’s believed West’s 2016 mental breakdown was caused, in part, by his use of marijuana. Lloyd’s is now asking the judge to decide whether they have to pay West at all.
At the start of August, West filed a $10 million lawsuit against Lloyd’s, alleging that he has not been paid for the claims involving his early cancelation of the “Saint Pablo World Tour.” In that suit, West said that he was not paid and that he has not been given “anything approaching a coherent explanation about why they have not paid, or any indication if they will ever pay or even make a coverage decision, implying that West’s use of marijuana may provide them with a basis to deny the claim and retain the hundreds of thousands of dollars in insurance premiums paid by Very Good Touring company.
More from Rucuss
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Kanye West Meets with Donald Trump [Details]
- Kanye West Reportedly Struggling with Paranoia and Depression
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Silence Divorce Rumors With Family Photo
- Kanye West Hospitalized in L.A. [Details]
- Kanye West, Jay Z, & TIDAL Sued Over ‘The Life of Pablo’ Exclusivity