Kanye West and Jay-Z’s ‘Otis’ Maybach Sells For $60,000 [Photos]
Rucuss staffMarch 12, 2012
It took less than five minutes to sell the now famous Maybach featured in Kanye West and Jay-Z’s “Otis” video.
The customized Maybach 57 sold for $60,000 during the New York Contemporary Art Evening auction. The Maybach was being “sold as a work of art, not a working vehicle.” West and Jay dismantled the car during the video. The glass roof was tossed to the side, the doors ripped off and welded to the back, the front grill removed and stuck on the tail end and the fender walls was made out of sheet metal.
The car, which was expected to go for $100,000, has an original purchase price of $350,000. A portion of the sale will benefit Save the Children, which helps children and their families around the world.
More from Rucuss
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Kanye West Hospitalized in L.A. [Details]
- Remy Ma Drops Nicki Minaj Diss Track, Minaj Responds
- Kanye West Disses Jay Z, Justin Timberlake and Beyonce [Video]
- 2012 BET Awards: Jay-Z Makes Taylor Swift Joke with Kanye West [Video]
- Jay Z Defends Barneys New York Deal After Racial Profiling Allegations