K. Michelle Responds to Memphitz’ Lawsuit: ‘I Stand by My Story!’
Rucuss staffSeptember 5, 2012
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta star K. Michelle isn’t moved by Memphitz suing her and producers of the show.
K. Michelle has hired attorney Matt Middleton and plans to fight Memphitz in court. She told TMZ that she stands behind her story 100 percent that Memphitz did beat her during their relationship.
“I’ve always been told that the truth shall set you free,” she told TMZ. “I stand behind my story 100%. I came on the ‘Love & Hip Hop Atlanta’ show mainly because I wanted to give a voice and bring light to a very serious issue.
I am very grateful to VH1 and Monami Ent. for the opportunity to tell my story, and touch lives worldwide … I look forward to having my day in court and finally having the truth of my story confirmed in a court of law.
Hopefully others will not have to go through this and then have their stories challenged to this degree because people now want to try to salvage whatever reputation they may have had.”
One day after the final reunion episode aired, Mickey “Memphitz” Wright filed a federal lawsuit against K. Michelle, Viacom International, Inc., NFGTV, Inc., and Monami Entertainment, LLC. The lawsuit stems from K. Michelle repeatedly telling her story of how she was abused by Memphitz who was an executive at a music label. K. Michelle shared details on the show that a fight between the two got physical one night and she suffered burns, scars, and bruises.
More from Rucuss
- K. Michelle’s Alleged Abuser Memphitz Sues Producers Of ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’ [Details]
- Tiny Wants T.I. to ‘Come Back’ [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop Atlanta: K. Michelle Signs Major Record Deal With Warner Bros. [Details]
- K. Michelle Threatens Toya Wright on Twitter, Memphitz Calls on Maury [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop Atlanta: Rasheeda vs. K.Michelle, Round 2
- Love & Hip Hop Atlanta: K. Michelle Talks About Abusive Relationship With Memphitz