Julia Roberts’ Sister Found Dead in Apparent Drug Overdose
Rucuss staffFebruary 11, 2014
Julia Roberts’ sister Nancy Motes was found dead at her home on Sunday.
Nancy Motes, who shares the same mother as Roberts, died of an apparent drug overdose in Los Angeles. According to the coroner, prescription and non-prescription drugs were found at the scene. She was 37.
“It is with deep sadness that the family of Nancy Motes … confirms that she was found dead in Los Angeles yesterday of an apparent drug overdose,” her family said in a statement. “There is no official report from the Coroner’s office yet. The family is both shocked and devastated.”
Roberts, who is nominated for a supporting actress Oscar for “August: Osage County,” didn’t attend Monday’s Academy Awards nominees luncheon so that she could be with family, E! News reports.
Motes, a dog walker and pet sitter, was last in the news in August after giving an interview about being bullied about her weight as a teenager by Roberts.
“When I was in high school and she was an adult, she would just let me know that I was definitely overweight,” Motes told the New York Daily News. “It just makes me feel incredibly hurt and very sad.”
Motes, who once weighed nearly 300 pounds, had gastric bypass surgery in June 2010. Motes, who had worked as a production assistant on “Glee,” intended to marry fiancee John Dilbeck, a film and TV locations manager, in May.
Photos via Starcasm.net, thesun.co.uk and ontheredcarpet.com
More from Rucuss
- Frances Bean Cobain: Courtney Love is A Chain-Smoking, Pill-Popping Pet Killer! [Details]
- Kanye West Hospitalized in L.A. [Details]
- Lil Wayne Remains in Intensive Care! [Details]
- Kris Kross’ Chris Kelly Death: Mother, Police Suspect Drug Overdose [Details]
- Former Drummer Files Restraining Order Against Beyoncé [Details]
- ‘Steel Magnolias’ Remake In the Works With All-Black Cast