Judge Orders Chris Brown To Remain In Rehab [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 4, 2014
Chris Brown can breathe a sign of relief.
The Fine China singer’s probation was not revoked in an L.A. courtroom on Monday. A judge has rejected a prosecutor’s motion to have Brown in jail.
After reviewing evidence in his Washington D.C. misdemeanor assault case, the D.A. believes Brown is guilty as charged and should be jailed immediately. Prosecutors said “Brown’s violent behavior continues to increase in severity and frequency” and he poses “an increasing danger to society.”
L.A. Superior Court Judge James Brandlin did not agree and said that Brown would be better off completing his 90-day rehab for anger management than being put in jail.
Brown remains on probation over his 2009 attack on Rihanna. Brandlin revoked the 24-year-old singer’s probation in December, but made no changes to his sentence during the brief hearing.
Brown is due back in court on February 28.
More from Rucuss
- Chris Brown Ordered to Remain in Jail [Details]
- Chris Brown Admits Probation Violation, Sentenced to Year in Jail
- Say What: Chris Brown Spotted Flirting With a Blonde in the Club! [Photos]
- Chris Brown Ordered to Remain in Rehab [Details]
- Chris Brown Slams ‘Racist’ DA, Accuses Beyonce of Stealing His Moves While Dissing Jay-Z!
- Chris Brown’s D.C. Assault Trial Delayed For Months [Details]