Judge Joe Brown Arrested and Jailed for Contempt of Court [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 25, 2014
Judge Joe Brown was arrested and charged with five counts of contempt of court in Tennessee.
On Monday, the former TV Judge was sentenced to five days in jail. Brown allegedly went on a vicious tirade and became “verbally abusive” after he was told his case would not be presented that day. Brown was yelling and repeatedly challenging the judge’s authority and even addressed his comments to a crowd of people inside the courtroom.
Brown was held in contempt five times “before they were able to get him out of the courtroom.” The famous judge was then booked in Memphis’ Shelby County jail. (Brown, it’s worth noting, is a former Shelby County criminal judge.)
Brown, whose show was canceled last year, was representing a woman who had been brought in on a warrant in a child support case. Brown is running in the Democratic primary for Shelby County district attorney general.
Photos via Jacksonville.com and en.canoe.ca
More from Rucuss
- Judge Joe Brown: ‘I Do Not Do That Bullsh*t Court TV Show Anymore’ [Video]
- 50 Cent Settles Bankruptcy Case with $22 Million Payment [Details]
- Sheree Whitfield Wins $75,000 in Child Support Case! [Details]
- Chris Brown Wins Custody Battle With Nia Guzman [Details]
- Lil Twist Sentenced to 1 Year in Jail for Assault [Details]
- NeNe Leakes Criminal Past Revealed, Arrested At Least Four Times [Details]