Jovan Belcher’s Mother Cheryl Shepherd Frantic 911 Call Released [Audio]
Rucuss staffDecember 5, 2012
Police released the 911 call made by Jovan Belcher’s mother after the Kansas City Chief linebacker shot his girlfriend multiple times Saturday morning.
During the call, Belcher’s mother Cheryl Shepherd begged her son’s dying girlfriend, Kasandra Perkins, to stay alive while frantically asking for an ambulance, according to a recording released Wednesday of the emergency call.
Belcher, 25, shot Perkins, 22, at their Kansas City home Saturday morning, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium, where he shot himself in the head in front of Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and Coach Romeo Crennel.
“She’s still breathing but please hurry,” Shepherd said with Kansas City emergency dispatchers. “I don’t know how he (inaudible), they were arguing, please hurry.”
Shepherd also is heard encouraging Perkins to stay alive.
“Stay with me, the ambulance is on the way. Stay with me Kasandra, stay with me,” Shepherd yells.
Belcher fatally shot Perkins and fled the scene, leaving their baby daughter and his mother behind. Before he left, Belcher apologized to his mother, Cheryl, who was staying with the couple, and that’s when she called 911.
Listen to the call below (the audio begins at 34 second mark).
More from Rucuss
- Police Release 911 Calls From Jovan Belcher’s Murder-Suicide [Audio]
- Jovan Belcher Kissed Kasandra Perkins and Apologized After Killing Her [Details]
- Jovan Belcher’s Friend: ‘Prescription Drugs, Alcohol & Concussions Put Him in Wrong State of Mind’
- Jovan Belcher Questioned If He Was the Father of His Daughter [Details]
- Kansas City Chiefs’ Jovan Belcher Kills Girlfriend Then Takes His Own Life [Details]
- Diddy Puts a Ring on Cassie [Photos]