Johnny Manziel Says Stop Hating After Being Questioned About Courtside Seats [Details]
Rucuss staffDecember 21, 2012
Heisman trophy winner Johnny Manziel was spotted courtside at the Dallas Mavericks-Miami Heat game Thursday night.
Once the camera crew got close up camera shots of the Texas A&M quarterback, he appeared to be a little uncomfortable. Johnny Football kept his hands up around his face and looked away from the camera as much as possible.
Manziel probably knew the questions that would be raised after being spotted on the hardwood. Is he breaking NCAA rules? TNT analyst Steve Kerr questioned those sentiments during the broadcast.
“How can a college kid get courtside seats to a Mav’s game? ” Kerr said. “Those are some expensive seats, I’m just going to throw that out there.”
Courtside seats to a Mavericks came usually sell for around $1,000 a piece and up on Stub Hub. Most college students usually don’t have that type of money but Manziel claims he does. Johnny Football went on Twitter to respond to the skeptics.
Manziel, who turned 20 on December 6, got his money’s worth. After the game, he was able to go to the locker room and take a few photos with Lebron James and Dwyane Wade.
This all could be innocent and Manziel and his friend could have paid a $1,000 for a ticket, but he better be careful. He will only be a sophomore next season and he doesn’t want to jeopardize his college career that has just begun.
Watch Kerr question Manziel sitting courtside below.
More from Rucuss
- Johnny Manziel Has Drake’s Record Label ‘OVO’ Tattooed On Wrist [Photos]
- Johnny Manziel, Michael Rapaport Engage in Heated Twitter Exchange
- Drake Releases New Track, ‘Draft Day,’ Dedicated to Johnny Manziel
- Floyd Mayweather Did Not Lose $10.4 Million On The Broncos
- Drake Hangs Out With Kentucky After Final Four Win Over Wisconsin
- 335-Pound High School Football Player Also Cheers During Halftime! [Video]