John Witherspoon Will Reprise Role in New ‘Friday’ Movie
Rucuss staffNovember 22, 2011
Ice Cube didn’t want just anybody to play his daddy in the new ‘Friday’ movie.
Cube called up funny man John Witherspoon to reprise his role, TMZ reports. Witherspoon played Willie Jones, a dog catcher, who couldn’t handle food much. He punished plenty of bathrooms during the Friday movies.
We spoke to Witherspoon … who tells us, “I said, ‘HELL YEAHHHH! I am ready to do this!”
Witherspoon says nothing is in stone yet … but he’s very confident everything will be worked out.
TMZ broke the story … Cube has also been in talks with Chris Tucker and Tiny Lister about reprising the roles they made famous in the 1995 hit.
Witherspoon says he’s excited to work with all his old pals — but he’s more fired up about the women … telling us, “One thing for sure that I do look forward to seeing on the set is pretty girls.”
“Cube always has bunch fine women on the set. I am an old black man, how could I not look forward to taping with a bunch of pretty girls surrounding the set?”
More from Rucuss
- Debo Says Chris Tucker and Ice Cube In Talks For Another ‘Friday’ Movie
- Mike Epps Says ‘Last Friday’ Photo Is Fake, They Not Doing Sh*t! [Details]
- Chrisette Michele Responds to Trump Performance Backlash [Details]
- Three Reasons Why You Sweat So Much
- Chris Tucker Talks IRS Issues, Not Sure He’ll Do Another ‘Friday’ Movie [Audio]
- Baby and Slim Are Developing a Cash Money Biopic