John Mayer Diagnosed with Granuloma
Johnnie WaltersSeptember 19, 2011
Singer John Mayer has been diagnosed with granuloma, an inflamed nodule near his vocal cords.
The Grammy award winner announced his throat condition on his Tumblr blog.
“After several months of going week to week monitoring and hoping to correct the condition, I am sadly forced to cancel my upcoming singing engagements due to something next to my vocal cords.”
Mayer’s upcoming album, Born and Raised, has been delayed. The record will be released next year instead of this fall or winter.
The time of Mayer’s recovery is unknown.
“This is a temporary setback, though I’m not sure how long or short a period of time it will be,” Mayer said on his blog. “I’ve got the best doctors in the country looking after me, and I will be singing and touring again as soon as I get the all clear. Until then I’ll be spending time writing and composing more music and kicking an empty soup can around the West Village.”
More from Rucuss
- Kanye West Reportedly Struggling with Paranoia and Depression
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Kanye West Hospitalized in L.A. [Details]
- Kanye West Meets with Donald Trump [Details]
- Rihanna Silences Beyoncé Feud Rumors [Details]
- Couple Alert! Is Katy Perry Dating John Mayer? [Photos]