Joan Rivers Handcuffs Herself to Costco Shopping Cart in Protest [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 8, 2012
Comedian Joan Rivers is not happy that Costco refuses to carry her book, I Hate Everything….Starting With Me.
So the 79-year old went to the Burbank, Calif. store to protest Tuesday afternoon. Rivers handcuffed herself to a shopping cart and began to yell through a bullhorn at the store, Fox reports.
Rivers allegedly said Costco was like ‘Nazi Germany,’ and soon they would be burning bibles. Rivers then said she was not on Costco property, but on ‘Indian’ property because the land on which Costco is built had been stolen from the Indians.
Local police were called to the store and she was eventually escorted her out. No arrests or citations were made. Costco does not carry her book because it has a few bad words on the back cover, TMZ reports.
Rivers went on Twitter to thank her fans for support. She tweeted:
More from Rucuss
- Joan Rivers Slams Rihanna For Still Loving Chris Brown, Calls Her a Idiot! [Details]
- Rihanna Tells CNN’s Piers Morgan to ‘Grow a D*ck’ After He Mocks Her Hair [Details]
- Odd Couple! 50 Cent and Joan Rivers Shoot New Street King Commerical
- Rihanna Compares Woman to Goat After She Insults Her Family [Details]
- Ray J Makes A Sex Tape With Joan Rivers [Video]
- D.L. Hugley, Kola Boof Get Into Twitter Beef Over Comedian’s Comments About Black Women