Jessica Simpson Finally Gives Birth to a Baby Girl!
Rucuss staffMay 1, 2012
Jessica Simpson is now a mom!
Simpson and her fiancé, Eric Johnson, welcomed a nine-pound, 13-ounce and 21.75 inch long baby girl named Maxwell Drew Johnson. Jessica and Eric will call their new addition Drew because it’s Jessica’s mother’s maiden name.
Jessica told Elle that she had the baby’s name picked out for some time and wanted it to be personal to her. “It’s nothing shocking and nothing you’ll have to add to the dictionary,” she said about her daughter. “Still, when people hear it, they’ll know … why.”
In the weeks leading up to the birth, it felt like Simpson had long-extended her due date. She even joked about the highly anticipated birth on her Twitter, writing, “To everyone who keeps congratulating me on the birth of my baby girl…I’m still pregnant!! Don’t believe what you read ladies and gents.”
Jessica released a statement on her website: “Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl Maxwell Drew Johnson. We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received. This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!”
It’s the first child for the couple, who got engaged in November 2010. Simpson confirmed she was going to be a mom on Halloween 2011 when she posted a photo of herself and her baby bump dressed up as a “mummy.”
More from Rucuss
- Say What: Is Jessica Simpson Pregnant With Her Second Child? [Details]
- Jessica Simpson Gives Birth to Baby Boy! [Details]
- Jessica Simpson Shows Off Baby Maxwell at Fiance’s Birthday Party [Photos]
- Jessica Simpson Confirms She’s Pregnant With Second Child! [Details]
- Jessica Simpson Debuts Baby Maxwell in People Magazine [Photo]
- Is Jessica Simpson Pregnant?