Jay Z Splits with Longtime Business Partner John Meneilly [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 30, 2014
Jay Z and his longtime business manager John Meneilly have reportedly parted ways.
Jigga and Meneilly have ended their business relationship after more than a decade together. The New York Daily News reports that Jay severed ties with Meneilly, who is credited for helping build Roc Nation, Rocawear clothing and other ventures.
According to a source, the split was not mutual: “It wasn’t his choice.” However, a second source said it was “amicable and mutual” and that the agreement was made “a couple months ago.”
Meneilly, a former Provident Financial executive, helped Jay build his Rocawear clothing brand, which sold for $200 million in 2007. He also brokered his multi-million Magna Carta…Holy Grail album deal with Samsung last year.
Meneilly also helped take Roc Nation from a record label to a talent management group that now reps artists and athletes including Rihanna, Kanye West, Shakira, CC Sabathia, Skylar Diggins, and Robinson Cano.
More from Rucuss
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Jay Z Announces Independence Day Album ‘Magna Carta Holy Grail’ [Video]
- Jay-Z on Brooklyn Nets: ‘My Job As An Owner is Over!’ [Details]
- Jay-Z Expands Empire, Launches Roc Nation Sports [Details]
- Jay Z Pressured To End Barneys Partnership After Profiling Incident [Details]