Jay Z Goes On Tidal Rant, Gets Clowned For It [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 27, 2015
Jay Z has a few things he wants you to know about his new company, TIDAL.
After growing backlash, Jigga took to Twitter to defend the streaming service. The Roc Nation CEO, who rarely tweets, used the hashtag #TidalFacts to post a series of tweets in an effort to defend the service against unnamed foes “spending millions on a smear campaign.”
Despite the negative press, Jay claims that TIDAL is “doing just fine” and has amassed over 770,000 subscribers in less than a month. Mr. Carter claims the service pays “75% royalty rate to ALL artists, writers and producers,” not only the founding members. Check out his tweets below.
It didn’t take long for Twitter to react to Jay’s tweets. Some funny and some not so nice. Check out a few below.
Guess, we will have to wait and see if Tidal is as bad as the critics claim or if things will turn around in the long run.
More from Rucuss
- Jay Z Sues Former TIDAL Owners [Details]
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Lil Wayne Says He’s Signed a Deal With Jay Z [Details]
- Jay Z Makes Bid to Buy Prince’s Unreleased Music [Details]
- Kanye West, Jay Z, & TIDAL Sued Over ‘The Life of Pablo’ Exclusivity
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]