Jay-Z Expands Empire, Launches Roc Nation Sports [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 2, 2013
Jay-Z has launched a full-service sports management company.
Hova is calling his latest venture Roc Nation Sports. According to the New York Post, Roc Nation Sports will be led by Jay with Juan Perez serving as president. They have partnered with CAA Sports, a division of Creative Artists Agency. And the company has already signed its first client–New York Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano.
Jay-Z said, “Because of my love of sports, it was a natural progression to form a company where we can help top athletes in various sports the same way we have been helping artists in the music industry for years.”
Cano is a member of the Yankees’ 2009 World Series championship team, a four-time Silver Slugger Award winner, and two-time Gold Glove Award winner.
“At this point in my career, I am ready to take a more active role in my endeavors both on and off the field,” Cano said. “I am confident that the pairing of Roc Nation Sports and CAA Sports will be essential in helping me accomplish my short- and long-term goals. I am making this important decision now so I can keep my focus on helping the Yankees succeed in 2013, while minimizing any distractions for me and my teammates.”
Roc Nation is home to music stars Rihanna, J. Cole, Shakira, Kylie Minogue, and Timbaland.
Photos via Cano and Remolacha.net
More from Rucuss
- MLB Player Robinson Cano Celebrates Birthday With Jay-Z, Receives $34K Hublot Watch [Photos]
- Jay-Z on Brooklyn Nets: ‘My Job As An Owner is Over!’ [Details]
- Rihanna, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Chris Brown & More Attend Roc Nation’s Pre-Grammy Brunch [Photos]
- Prince’s Estate Rejects Jay Z’s Bid for Unreleased Music Catalog [Details]
- Say What: They Want How Much For An Autographed “Carter 4″ Jersey?
- Rihanna, Jay Z, Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj & More Attend Roc Nation Grammy Party [Photos]